L-Theanine is what gives tea its relaxing, anti-stress appeal. In this concentrated form, it creates a focusing anti-anxiety effect that is valued in itself, and is also used to take the edge off other nootropic supplements.
Often taken with an early morning coffee, L-Theanine reduces the jitters and anxiety of caffeine whilst amplifying the cognitive benefits, creating a clean and lucid energy. It has a similar mellowing and amplifying effect on Piracetam, Phenylpiracetam and Adrafinil.
Where to Buy L-Theanine Online
At Nootropics.com, you can buy L-Theanine in a jar of 60x200mg capsules. All of our products are quality tested once after manufacturing, and then undergo a stringent process of quality assurance by an independent third-party lab. We test for identity, purity, and an array of heavy metals using FTIR and HPLC. Our products use vegetable capsules suitable for vegans.
Our customers get free shipping on orders over $70 in the US and $200 for international orders. If you buy 2 or more jars of L-Theanine, we offer a 5% and 10% discount. We offer a money-back guarantee 90 days after you buy our products.
Dosage: 1 – 3 capsules per day
Effects onset: 30 – 60 minutes
Effects duration: Main effect lasts 2 – 4 hours, with some residual effects up to 10 hours.
Extended use: Some diminished effect after 7 days of continual use. A break of 4 – 7 days can stave off tolerance.
- Can be taken with or without food.
- If used for sleep quality improvements, take 1 hour before desired time of sleep for best results.
Alcohol note: Safe to consume with alcohol. Additionally, L-Theanine has some tentative evidence of being a potent antioxidant and hangover prevention method, as well as protecting the liver from damage caused by alcohol consumption.
These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Third-party purity testing:
Certificate of Authenticity – L-Theanine
Other names: Theanine
Half life: 3 hours
Side effects: headache, dizziness, and gastrointestinal symptoms.
L-Theanine is well studied nootropic supplement and is considered safe at standard doses, but if side effects do occur, please exercise caution. If discomfort persists or intensifies, always consult a medical practitioner.
Further information (off-site)
1. The acute effects of L-theanine in comparison with alprazolam on anticipatory anxiety in humans
2. L-theanine relieves positive, activation, and anxiety symptoms in patients with schizophrenia and schizoaffective disorder: an 8-week, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled, 2-center study
3. L-theanine, a natural constituent in tea, and its effect on mental state
4. L-Theanine, an amino acid in green tea, attenuates beta-amyloid-induced cognitive dysfunction and neurotoxicity: reduction in oxidative damage and inactivation of ERK/p38 kinase and NF-kappaB athways
5. L-theanine administration results in neuroprotection and prevents glutamate receptor agonist-mediated injury in the rat model of cerebral ischemia-reperfusion
6. The effects of L-theanine (Suntheanine) on objective sleep quality in boys with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial
7. How much theanine in a cup of tea? Effects of tea type and method of preparation
8. L-Theanine prevents alcoholic liver injury through enhancing the antioxidant capability of hepatocytes
Effects of theanine on alcohol metabolism and hepatic toxicity