What actually is Bitcoin?
If you’re not really too sure what bitcoins are, this 1:36m video will provide some background information. It’s not required viewing though, so feel free to skip to the next section!
Using Bitcoin to pay for Nootropics
Bitcoin can be a little tricky to work with at first, but we’ve written a step-by-step guide below. To make things a little nicer, there’s an automatic 10% discount for paying with Bitcoin on Nootropics.com!
If any part of it is unclear, please don’t hesitate to reach out via email to email@example.com, or via the chat in the lower left corner of your screen.
- Step 1: Go to https://www.coinmama.com
- Step 2: Register an account
- Step 3: Confirm your email in your email client
- Step 4: You should get a screen like this. Click “Continue to your Coinmama account”
- Step 5: Login with your new account
- Step 6: When you’re logged in, the first thing you have to do is get verified. Click “Verify your Account”
- Step 7: Fill in your personal details, and click “Next step→”
- Step 8: In some cases, this is sufficient to buy up to $150. In other cases, Coinmama requires a copy of your ID. If you want to buy over $150, Coinmama definitely requires a copy of your ID. Upload a photo of the front and back of your ID via the “Choose file” buttons, and then click “Upload→ “
- Step 9: If all went well, your verification should be under review now.
- Step 10: Here we have to wait until Coinmama verifies your details. In my experience, this takes a few hours. If you haven’t watched the video at the start of this guide yet, now is a good time!
- Step 11: Once your documents are verified, click Buy Bitcoins in the sidebar to buy Bitcoins
- Step 12: In the next screen, you can choose how much you want to buy. Please fill in the exact Bitcoin amount that you need for your order on Nootropics.com. The actual dollar equivalent may vary a little due to Coinmama’s fees: to compensate for this you get a discount when you pay with Bitcoins on Nootropics.com. The minimum amount you can buy on Coinmama is 0.1 Bitcoin, which is roughly $80 on Coinmama at the time of writing this. Click Buy Bitcoins once you’ve decided how much you want to buy.
- Step 13: You can pay Coinmama via Visa, Mastercard, or Western Union
- Step 14: In the next screen you can fill in the Bitcoin Wallet Address the Bitcoins should be sent to. This can be either your personal Bitcoin Address if you have your own Wallet, or the address that we at Nootropics.com provide you with for payment in the checkout. After filling in the address, click Complete payment
- Step 15: Coinmama will ask you to make sure that you’ve entered the correct address. If you have, click Complete payment. Coinmama forwards you to Simplex for the Creditcard transaction.
- Step 16: On the Simplex website, fill in your billing details, check the Terms and Conditions checkbox, and click Continue.
- Step 17: Since this is your first Simplex payment, Simplex will ask you to verify your Email address and your phone number.
- Step 18: Confirm your email address by clicking the link in the email that Simplex sent you.
- Step 19: Then fill in the code you received on your phone, and click Continue.
- Step 20: Fill in your Creditcard details and click Pay now.
- Step 21: Simplex might ask you for a selfie with your creditcard in the picture. Follow their instructions to upload the photo.
- Step 22: Now we’ll have to wait for a bit until Simplex processes the payment and verification.
- Step 23: In the meantime, Coinmama wants to be really sure that the wallet address you gave them is correct, so they sent you another email. Simply click the button to Confirm your wallet.
- Step 24: And we’re done! If you filled in the Bitcoin address that Nootropics.com gave you, the Bitcoins will automatically arrive with us, at which point your order will be confirmed and you’ll receive a confirmation. If you are using your own wallet, you’ll have to send the Bitcoins to us manually when they arrive.
- Let us know if you run into any problems along the way! It can be a bit of a hassle the first time, because every service involved needs to do verification. The second time however should run much smoother, with a lot less delay!